What is a Thessaloniki Airport Transfer
Thessaloniki airport transfers are the most comfortable and enjoyable way to travel from SKG. Hence, travelers, who value comfort and luxury during their rides, usually opt for a private airport transfer from Makedonia Airport. As a matter of fact, welcome services at the airport, smooth rides to the doors of the accommodation, high quality, and a bunch of side amenities are highly appreciated by travelers. Thus, when they book their Thessaloniki airport transfer, they have their assigned driver wait at the Arrivals hall, ready to help them with their luggage, show them the way to the vehicle of their choice waiting just outside the doors, and drive them to their journey’s end revealing on the way useful tips on how to make the most of their stay in Thessaloniki.
We selected one of the best, most trustworthy and convenient 5-star airport taxi companies for your transfer from Thessaloniki Airport based on user reviews across various platforms such as Google, Tripadvisor and Trustpilot. Welcome Pickups offers a great experience and safety to its travelers.
- Local English-speaking drivers
- Flat, pre-paid fee
- Flight monitoring for delays
- 24/7 Customer support + free cancellation
Thessaloniki Airport Transfer vs Ordinary Airport Taxi
Overall, Thessaloniki taxis are reliable and offer fast services at relatively affordable rates. Still, they can’t compete with Thessaloniki airport transfers in terms of flexibility and comfort. Thus, private airport transfers’ main perks over ordinary taxis are:
- Even though Thessaloniki airport taxis offer set fares for rides from SKG to the city center, some few scamming incidents have been reported when it comes to airport rides. In contrast, the cost of the private airport transfer must be paid during the booking process. From that moment on, the passenger can’t be charged for anything else.
- Thessaloniki airport transfers provide customized services. Thus, you can make the ride suitable to your exact needs. From the vehicle’s type to any add-ons (child seats, luggage racks, etc.), private airport transfers can be utterly tailored to your requirements.
- No matter the time or the day, Thessaloniki airport transfers guarantee zero waiting time at the airport. Conversely, during peak hours, you may have to wait in line for your cab.
- All the drivers are carefully chosen depending on their competence and experience. They are all English-speaker and area-knowledgeable in order to be able to answer all your questions concerning your stay in Thessaloniki.
- Thessaloniki taxis are overall well-maintained. However, the fleets of private airport transfer companies consist of new vehicles, which pass through regular services and inspections.
Thessaloniki Airport Transfer vs Public Transportation
SKG Airport is connected to the city of Thessaloniki only via the dependent on traffic levels buses. Hence, although cheap enough, buses have many drawbacks, even more so when compared to private airport transfers:
- Rides with public buses come with a significant amount of hassle and stress. You’ll have to reach the airport bus stop, choose the most convenient bus line to your destination, wait for the next route, and alight at the right stop. Moreover, you’ll have to find your way from that point to your journey’s end or even change lines. Conversely, Thessaloniki airport transfers provide door-to-door services.
- Thessaloniki airport buses don’t have designated luggage space. Thus, your personal items will be exposed during the ride. On the contrary, during a private airport transfer, your luggage will be safely stored in the vehicle’s trunk.
- Traveling by bus during rush hours can be tiring, as the high traffic levels rise the duration of the journeys, while buses tend to get congested.
Thessaloniki Airport Transfer Fares and Prices
Private airport transfers are costlier than ordinary taxi rides. However, the quality of their services and the various extra amenities justify the additional cost. On the other hand, Thessaloniki airport transfer companies are numerous. Thus, their prices tend to be competitive. In any case, the taxi ride from Thessaloniki Airport to downtown has a fixed fare of 24€/24$, whereas a private airport transfer costs as much as 29€/29$.
How to Book your Thessaloniki Airport Transfer
As soon as you settle on the private airport transfer company of your choice, you’ll face an easy-peasy booking process. You’ll have to enter the company’s website, fill out the booking form, and pay for your transfer. Once completing the procedure, you’ll receive a confirmation email. This might also be the voucher for your ride. In any case, you should do thorough research before making up your mind. The options are various, and through a search-and-compare system, you can find a really tempting deal.
SKG Transfers from Airport to Hotel
Thessaloniki airport transfers are the number one alternative for your ride from SKG Airport to your hotel. With a private airport transfer, you’ll reach your accommodation in style and comfort and begin your holidays relaxed and hassle-free. Nevertheless, some hotels in Thessaloniki offer free shuttle rides from and to Makedonia Airport. That being said, if you want to save money, you should first check if your accommodation provides such complimentary services.
How do airport transfers work?
Private airport transfers are scheduled transfers from and to the airport. The procedure is simple: you pre-book your transfer, choose the vehicle you prefer, and select the day and time for your transport. Thus, an assigned driver will be waiting for your arrival at the pick-up point, to drive you to your destination fast, safe, and hassle-free.
How do I book an airport transfer?
You will have to follow three steps to book the best value for money airport transfer. Firstly, do thorough research on the private transfer companies available. Have you found the one that best suits your requirements? Select the day and time for your transfer as well as the vehicle of your choice. Lastly, fill in your personal data and payment method, and your reservation is booked!